Barcelona is a city of raucous activity, strikingly colourful and strange architecture and all the sun and sea you could ever want. With this trip, you’ll not only get the chance to discover the city, but also head out into the surrounding countryside to taste some of the food and (of course) wines that are produced in the region.
- Stay in a charming 3* hotel right in the heart of Barcelona.
- Receive a tour of a Cava winery and a nearby castle, which still produces the wines it has been producing for hundreds of years.
- Taste at least three wines in total during the day, including the Cava which has made the region famous, with tapas and cheese accompaniments.
After checking in to your 3* accommodation – a hotel right in the heart of Barcelona itself, take the afternoon and evening to enjoy some of the city’s delights, from its many, many shops, bars and restaurants to its unique and absurd architecture to its gargantuan beaches.
Today, you’ll depart for an in-depth tour of the surrounding wine regions. Your English-speaking guide and driver will take you first to a Cava winery for a tour, introduction to production and a tasting – with accompanying tapas. Then, you’ll head out to another winery, set around a magnificent castle with a 36th generation owner, for another tour and a wine, tapas and cheese tasting, before returning to Barcelona later in the afternoon.
Explore some more of Barcelona this morning, or just relax at your hotel, before heading home.
- Upgrades are available and this itinerary serves simply as a guideline – we’ll be happy to alter any details around your needs or wishes and include travel and accommodation.
- The day tour is semi private and may include some other wine enthusiasts – still allowing for an intimate experience with the wine makers themselves. Private tours can also be arranged.
- This itinerary is based on a 3* accommodation but please note that we have a wide range of hotel options available – just let us know what you’re looking for.