The Loire Valley is pretty famously pretty. If you take some of that prettiness – most noticeable in the jaw-dropping châteaux which line the riverside – and build a city out of it, then you’ve basically got Tours. This is your chance to see and experience all of that – all-in-all, rather lovely.
- Stay in a charming hotel in Tours, only minutes’ walk away from all of the city’s most exciting places to go, and only a few streets away from the banks of the River Loire itself.
- Receive a comprehensive introduction to the culture and history of the Loire Valley, with guided tours of some of the region’s grandest châteaux.
- Taste some of the Loire’s finest wines, including those from Vouvray, Montlouis, Chinon, Bourgueil and St. Nicolas-de-Bourgueil
Settling into your 3* accommodation in the very centre of Tours, you’ll want to take full advantage of your hotel’s location by heading out to see some of Tours’ magnificent architecture or wonderful sights – or maybe just its fantastic array of bars, restaurants and shops.
You’ll begin your morning with a tour of the Château de Chenonceau, most famous for the sheer beauty of its Renaissance gardens, before a tour of a wine cave and cellar followed by a pairing lunch in which you’ll taste a range of Loire wines. After, you’ll receive a guided tour of the Château d’Amboise, once residence of Charles VIII and home of the grave of Leonardo da Vinci. Finally, you will tour the Manor du Clos Lucé, where da Vinci spent the last years of his life, to see his bedroom, office, kitchen and invention room, before returning to Tours in the late afternoon.
The morning is yours to enjoy Tours and see some more of its many, many sights, before returning home.
- Upgrades are available and this itinerary serves simply as a guideline – we’ll be happy to alter any details around your needs or wishes and include travel and accommodation.
- The day tour is semi private and may include some other wine enthusiasts – still allowing for an intimate experience with the wine makers themselves. Private tours can also be arranged.
- This itinerary is based on a 3* accommodation but please note that we have a wide range of hotel options available – just let us know what you’re looking for.
- Day tour is only available Wednesdays and Saturdays – other options are available for other days. Please ask us for more information.