‘The Garden of France’ – that’s what they call the Loire Valley, and it’s not hard to see why. The only part of the Loire as impressive as the endless greenery, stunning landscape and jaw-dropping châteaux is the wine itself – and ease of access from Paris means you can spend a day experiencing all of that in only a day.
- Receive a comprehensive introduction to the culture and history of the Loire Valley, with guided tours of some of the region’s grandest châteaux.
- Enjoy a wine tasting lunch with paired wines and a selection of cheeses afterwards.
- Taste some of the Loire’s finest wines, including those from Vouvray, Montlouis, Chinon, Bourgueil and St. Nicolas-de-Bourgueil
You’ll begin your morning with a tour of the Château de Chenonceau, most famous for the sheer beauty of its Renaissance gardens, before a tour of a wine cave and cellar followed by a pairing lunch in which you’ll taste a range of Loire wines. After, you’ll receive a guided tour of the Château d’Amboise, once residence of Charles VIII and home of the grave of Leonardo da Vinci. Finally, you will tour the Manor du Clos Lucé, where da Vinci spent the last years of his life, to see his bedroom, office, kitchen and invention room, before returning to Amboise or Tours in the late afternoon.
- Upgrades are available and this itinerary serves simply as a guideline – we’ll be happy to alter any details around your needs or wishes and include travel and accommodation.
- Recommended train departure times from Paris are the 07:16am TGV from Paris Montparnasse to Tours, or the 07:46am from Paris Montparnasse to Pierre des Corps.
- The day tour is semi private and may include some other wine enthusiasts – still allowing for an intimate experience with the wine makers themselves. Private tours can also be arranged.
- Day tour is only available Wednesdays and Saturdays – other options are available for other days. Please ask us for more information.