Florence, and the surrounding Chianti countryside, is iconic. The Renaissance-era magnificence of the city itself, the gorgeous Tuscan farmhouses and the miles and miles of vineyards are as well-known and beloved as the wines themselves. And, ever a region for the foodies, this trip will introduce you to it all – as well as some of the culinary traditions the region has to offer.
- Stay in a charming 3* hotel in Florence’s city centre, only a stone’s throw away from everywhere worth seeing in the city.
- Tour the Chianti region and receive an introduction to the region’s gastronomy as you taste Tuscany’s finest cheeses and meats.
- Taste at least three Tuscan wines over the course of the day, from the world-renowned Chianti Classico fine wines to Riservas to the utterly unique IGT Super Tuscans.
Florence has no shortage of things to do, and, after settling into your 3* hotel right in the city centre, you’ll have the afternoon and evening to explore the ins and outs of what is, quite frankly, Italy’s most beautiful city.
Today, set off into the heart of the Chianti Classico region – home to some of Tuscany’s finest wines – for an in-depth introduction to the region. Passing through the vineyards and olive fields, you’ll learn about production in the region before visiting a local wine and cheese farm. Enjoy a tour of the wine cellars and vineyards before a tasting of four of the estate’s wines with accompanying cheeses. Afterwards, there’ll be a meat tasting lunch in the village of Panzano with a renowned local butcher. Then, in the afternoon, you’ll visit another winery for a tour and tastings (of at least one Chianti Classico, Riserva and Super Tuscan). Finally, it’s onwards to the village of Greve to shop, eat or even taste some more wines before returning to Florence.
Take the morning to head out into Florence and see some more of the city – you’ll never run out of things to see and do – before catching your flight home.
- Upgrades are available and this itinerary serves simply as a guideline – we’ll be happy to alter any details around your needs or wishes and include travel and accommodation.
- The day tour is semi private and may include some other wine enthusiasts – still allowing for an intimate experience with the wine makers themselves. Private tours can also be arranged.
- This itinerary is based on a 3* accommodation but please note that we have a wide range of hotel options available – just let us know what you’re looking for.