Champagne is almost universally associated with luxury, opulence and indulgence. It is, to many, the ultimate display of extravagance. That doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy it on a budget, though. Take a tour through the Champagne region and enjoy the world’s finest sparkling wine without breaking the bank.
- Stay in the very centre of Reims, only minutes’ walk away from the city’s most exciting sights.
- See Hautvillers and the tomb of Dom Pérignon.
- Visit a number of wineries over the course of your visit, with a total of seven glasses of Champagne included.
Arriving into Reims, you’ll check into your hotel – located in the historic centre of Reims, only a few minutes away from Reims Cathedral, and the city’s best shops, bars and restaurants. In the evening, you’ll enjoy an introduction to Champagne-making and a guided tour of a cellar a stone’s throw away from your hotel, before a tasting of the Champagnes.
Today, you’ll set off for a half-day of touring around the surrounding vineyards of Champagne, including a visit to Dom Pérignon’s home of Hautvillers and tours and tastings to two boutique Champagne producers. The afternoon and evening will be yours to enjoy in Reims.
Spend the morning relaxing in Reims (perhaps taking the opportunity to see some more of the city) before returning home.
- Upgrades are available and this itinerary serves simply as a guideline – we’ll be happy to alter any details around your needs or wishes and include travel and accommodation.
- The day tour is semi private and may include 7 other wine enthusiasts – still allowing for an intimate experience with the wine makers themselves. Private tours can also be arranged.
- This itinerary is based on a 3* accommodation but please note that we have a wide range of hotel options available – just let us know what you’re looking for.