If you’re going to do Champagne, you might as well do it right. Here, you’ll stay in the heart of Reims, spend an evening tasting the Champagnes of one of the region’s finest producers and tour the surrounding countryside the next day.
- Stay in the very centre of Reims, only minutes’ walk away from the city’s most exciting sights.
- Enjoy an evening at Mumm in Reims, for their ‘En Noirs et Blancs’ experience.
- Spend a day touring the Epernay countryside, with a visit to three Champagne Houses during the day – one large and two small, and taste up to seven Champagnes in total.
Arriving into Reims, you’ll check into your hotel – located in the historic centre of Reims, only a few minutes away from Reims Cathedral, and the city’s best shops, bars and restaurants. In the evening, you’ll head over to Mumm’s Champagne House for a visit to their cellars and Champagne museum, before a tasting in which you’ll compare Mumm’s blanc de blancs (made from Chardonnay) and Mumm’s blanc de noirs (made from Pinot Noir)
Departing Reims in the morning, you’ll be taught about the terroirs and processes involved in Champagne-making as you traverse the Route du Champagne. A visit to Hautvillers and the tomb of Dom Pérignon will be swiftly followed by a stroll along Epernay’s Avenue de Champagne. Your first estate for a tour and a tasting will be at Moët & Chandon. After a pairing lunch (in which you’ll learn about a range of styles of Champagne, from blanc de blancs to blancs de noir to rosé) at a boutique winery, you’ll journey into the Marne Valley for another tour and tasting at a smaller, family estate, before returning home in the evening.
Today is yours to relax and see some more of Reims before returning home.
- Upgrades are available and this itinerary serves simply as a guideline – we’ll be happy to alter any details around your needs or wishes and include travel and accommodation.
- The day tour is semi private and may include 7 other wine enthusiasts – still allowing for an intimate experience with the wine makers themselves. Private tours can also be arranged.
- This itinerary is based on a 3* accommodation but please note that we have a wide range of hotel options available – just let us know what you’re looking for.
- Only available Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. If you’re visiting on another day, other options are available – just ask us for more details.