Epernay is home to some of the most celebrated Champagne producers in the world. With this day tour, you’ll tour the vineyards of the Côtes des Blancs and taste more, finer Champagnes than you could ever dream of.
- Wander Epernay itself and discover the Avenue de Champagne, which is home to the most illustrious Champagne Houses on Earth.
- Enjoy a Champagne tasting lunch, in which a range of local delicacies will be carefully selected to match with the Champagnes that you’ll taste.
- Visit three Champagne Houses during the day – one large and two small, and taste up to seven Champagnes in total.
Arriving in the morning, you’ll be taught about the terroirs and processes involved in Champagne-making as you traverse the Route du Champagne. A visit to Hautvillers and the tomb of Dom Pérignon will be swiftly followed by a stroll along Epernay’s Avenue de Champagne. Your first estate for a tour and a tasting will be at Moët & Chandon. After a pairing lunch (in which you’ll learn about a range of styles of Champagne, from blanc de blancs to blancs de noir to rosé) at a boutique winery, you’ll journey into the Marne Valley for another tour and tasting at a smaller, family estate, before returning home in the evening.
- Upgrades are available and this itinerary serves simply as a guideline – we’ll be happy to alter any details around your needs or wishes and include travel and accommodation.
- The day tour is semi private and may include 7 other wine enthusiasts – still allowing for an intimate experience with the wine makers themselves. Private tours can also be arranged.
- Only available Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. If you’re visiting on another day, other options are available – just ask us for more details.