The Côte de Nuits is a legendary wine region, and is considered one of the most prestigious in Burgundy. It’s the home of Pinot Noir and 22 Grand Crus, scattered across a breath-taking landscape. With this trip, you’ll get to grips with the ins and outs of the region and all of its very finest wines.
- Receive a guided tour of the château of Vougeot, home of the Confrérie des Chevaliers du Tastevin.
- Tour and tastings at two estates – one in Gevrey-Chambertin, one in Nuits-Saint-Georges.
- Taste at least 12 wines over the course of the day, primarily (but certainly not limited to) Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays.
After a picturesque drive along the Côte de Nuits and an introduction to the terroir and environment of the region, you’ll receive a guided tour of Vougeot – founded in the 11th century and today home to the bacchanalian fraternity of the Confrérie des Chevaliers du Tastevin. Afterwards, you’ll tour and taste at a domain in Gevrey-Chambertin before a lunch of local delicacies, such as bouef bourguignon. Finally, you’ll receive another tour (and further tastings) at another cellar in a domain in Nuits-Saint-Georges, before being driven back to Beaune or Dijon.
- Upgrades are available and this itinerary serves simply as a guideline – we’ll be happy to alter any details around your needs or wishes and include travel and accommodation.
- The day tour is semi private and may include some other wine enthusiasts – still allowing for an intimate experience with the wine makers themselves. Private tours can also be arranged.
- Only available Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.