The Côte de Beaune, which stretches down 25km of countryside, is a great all-round wine region. The reds are light and perfumed whilst the whites- especially those of Meursault and Montrachet – are amongst some of the best in the world. This is your chance to get to know all of them.
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Hospices of Beaune, one of the most striking and remarkable works of architecture in the whole of France.
- Tour and taste at two estates – one in Santenay and one in Meursault – with lunch at the former.
- Taste at least 12 wines through the course of the day, from the Pinot Noirs of Beaune to the Chardonnays of Meursault.
You’ll begin the morning in Beaune, where you’ll receive a guided tour around the Hospices of Beaune – famous for its colourful, polychromatic tile roof and spectacular triptych paintings and tapestries. Afterward, you’ll depart to a local domain in Santenay for a tour of the winery and a tasting of the wines, before lunch (with accompanying wines, of course). You’ll then journey across the roads of the Grand Crus through Montrachet to a second domain in Meursault, with cellars dating back to the 15th century and some of the most prestigious wines in Burgundy. Here, there’ll be another tour – and more tastings – before being driven back to Beaune or Dijon.
- Upgrades are available and this itinerary serves simply as a guideline – we’ll be happy to alter any details around your needs or wishes and include travel and accommodation.
- The day tour is semi private and may include 7 other wine enthusiasts – still allowing for an intimate experience with the wine makers themselves. Private tours can also be arranged.
- Only available Wednesdays and Fridays