Just because you’re on a budget doesn’t mean you can’t taste a ridiculous number of wines. This trip, based around the charming town of Beaune, will give you a truly comprehensive insight into the region’s wines plus the chance to taste over ten local wines.
- Stay in an quaint, charming hotel, a former wine merchant’s house, only three minutes’ walk from the centre of Beaune.
- Spend a day visiting (and tasting at) at a prestigious Bourgogne estate before a gargantuan tasting lunch nearby.
- Experience and learn about the wines of Burgundy – and, specifically, the Corton AOC: from the deep, red Pinot Noirs to the dry, mineral-based Chardonnays to even a blackberry liqueur.
First, you’ll check-in and settle into your accommodation in Beaune – what was once a wine merchant’s house, restored in the Burgundian style is now a peaceful, friendly hotel right in the centre of Beaune. The evening will be yours to relax and see some of Beaune: the iconic architecture of the Hospices de Beaune is a must-see, as are the weekend markets.
In the morning, you’ll visit a family run estate in the heart of Beaune for a tour and a tasting of the wines. After, you’ll receive private transfers to a truly memorable tasting lunch, accompanied by no fewer than six local wines, carefully selected to compliment your food. Over the course of the day you’ll taste both white and red wines, as well as a unique blackcurrant ratafia.
The time is yours this morning to do what you like – whether that’s exploring some more of Beaune or just relaxing in the hotel – before returning to the airport and setting off back home.
- Upgrades are available and this itinerary serves simply as a guideline – we’ll be happy to alter any details around your needs or wishes and include travel and accommodation.
- The day tour is semi private and may include some other wine enthusiasts – still allowing for an intimate experience with the wine makers themselves. Private tours can also be arranged.
- This itinerary is based on a 3* accommodation but please note that we have a wide range of hotel options available – just let us know what you’re looking for.