St. Émilion is famous for a reason. The countryside is beautiful, the vineyards are plentiful and the wines are nothing short of legendary. This trip will give you the chance not only to make yourself familiar with St. Émilion and its wines, but also to stay in and explore the vibrant city of Bordeaux itself.
- Stay in Bordeaux’s city centre, only a stone’s throw away from the city’s best restaurants, shops, bars and museums.
- Get a real introduction to Bordelaise wines and cheeses with an evening spent tasting both at a wine gallery only a short walk from your hotel.
- Tour two renowned châteaux in the nearby St. Émilion region, home of the world’s best Merlot blends, whilst receiving an in-depth tour and tastings of wines at each.
After arriving into Bordeaux and checking in to your 3* accommodation in the city centre, set off to a nearby gallery for an evening’s introduction to Bordeaux’s many delicacies, including three local wines and cheeses and a charcuterie board.
Today is your full day’s tour of St. Émilion. Your expert guide and driver will take you to two of the most prestigious wineries in the region (plus the village of St. Émilion itself) over the course of the day. At each, you’ll receive a tour of the estate plus the chance to taste up to two of the estate’s wines, them being most likely Merlot blends – exactly what St. Émilion is best at.
In the morning, you’ll get the opportunity to enjoy Bordeaux at your leisure – try the Wet Docks for some of the city’s hipper cafes, restaurants, shops and bars – before catching your flight back home.
- Upgrades are available and this itinerary serves simply as a guideline – we’ll be happy to alter any details around your needs or wishes and include travel and accommodation.
- The day tour is semi private and may include up to seven other wine enthusiasts – still allowing for an intimate experience with the wine makers themselves. Private tours can also be arranged.
- This itinerary is based on a 3* accommodation but please note that we have a wide range of hotel options available including 4* boutique hotels, private châteaux and 5* spa hotels – just let us know what you’re looking for.