St. Émilion isn’t just famous for the wines. The countryside of the Right Bank is stunningly beautiful – vineyards sprawl out from the village itself for miles and miles across gently rolling hills, dotted with the occasional château. With this trip, you’ll get the best of both worlds as you cycle across that countryside, stopping to taste the region’s world-famous wines along the way.
- Stay in Bordeaux’s city centre, only a stone’s throw away from the city’s best restaurants, shops, bars and museums.
- Get a real introduction to Bordelaise wines and cheeses with an evening spent tasting both at a wine gallery only a short walk from your hotel.
- Spend a full day cycling across Bordeaux’s countryside, discovering the classic Merlot blends of the Right Bank and learning about the wine-making process with tastings at two châteaux.
After arriving into Bordeaux and checking in to your 3* accommodation in the city centre, set off to a nearby gallery for an evening’s introduction to Bordeaux’s many delicacies, including three local wines and cheeses and a charcuterie board.
In the morning, you’ll take a short bus journey into St. Émilion for a guided walking tour of the UNESCO-listed medieval village. After, you’ll cycle across the surrounding vineyards to a small, family-run château nearby. First, there’ll be lunch in the garden (with accompanying wines) before a visit to the château’s vat house and cellar for a tasting of two of the château’s wines. You’ll then take an easy ride through the countryside to a Classified Growth château on the edge of St. Émilion for an introduction to wine-making and another tasting of two wines, before returning to Bordeaux City in the evening.
This morning, you’ll get the opportunity to relax your muscles and enjoy Bordeaux at your leisure – try the Wet Docks for some of the city’s hipper cafes, restaurants, shops and bars – before catching your flight back home.
- Upgrades are available and this itinerary serves simply as a guideline – we’ll be happy to alter any details around your needs or wishes and include travel and accommodation.
- The day tour is semi private and may include up to seven other wine enthusiasts – still allowing for an intimate experience with the wine makers themselves. Private tours can also be arranged.
- This itinerary is based on a 3* accommodation but please note that we have a wide range of hotel options available including 4* boutique hotels, private châteaux and 5* spa hotels – just let us know what you’re looking for.