Discover Bordeaux – France’s major wine industry capital; which has been producing outstanding wines since the 8th century. On this wine tour, you’ll enjoy a full day of chauffeured visits and tastings at many famous Chateaux in the Médoc vineyards. Relax with accommodation in the heart of this historic city with its 18th century grandiose that’s unmatched in Europe.
- Learn the essentials about Bordeaux wine during an informative evening tasting session at a wine gallery in the city centre.
- Explore Bordeaux’s 5,700 hectares of vineyards during a full days tour of the wine route with your dedicated wine guide and chauffeur.
- Meet the makers and taste Cabernet Sauvignons and Merlots first-hand at three major Classified Growth and Cru Bourgeois Chateaux throughout the day.
- Explore Bordeaux’s historic centre – an outstanding UNESCO heritage site with its many brasseries, bars and iconic monuments
Check in to your hotel then soak up the city! Your first wine tasting experience is at a wine gallery just a short walk from your hotel. Here you’ll be introduced to the wines and regions of Bordeaux with an expert wine guide who will teach you about the techniques, tastes and terroirs of this world famous wine region which you’ll sample along with a selection of local cheeses and charcuterie.
The following morning, set off on a full day on the wine route –the famous ‘Route des Châteaux’ and explore the Médoc region. On the left bank of the river Gironde, this wine district predominately grows the Cabernet Sauvignon grape variety, typically full bodied and fruity wines. Throughout the day you’ll visit three Grand Cru wine estates in the Margaux, Saint Julien, Pauillac or the Haut Medoc appellations where you’ll meet the makers and hear first-hand about the history of the estates, the production processes and the chemistry and complexities behind the wine-making process… and, of course, taste the wines!
Bordeaux is the perfect city to explore on foot and the best way to spend your last day is either shopping, sightseeing or stopping off at the plenty of cafes, restaurants and bars that will spoil you for choice! This year it will also be home to it’s very own wine Museum!
- Upgrades are available and this itinerary serves simply as a guideline – we’ll be happy to alter any details around your needs or wishes and include travel and accommodation.
- The day tour is semi private and may include up to seven other wine enthusiasts – still allowing for an intimate experience with the wine makers themselves. Private tours can also be arranged.
- This itinerary is based on a 3* accommodation but please note that we have a wide range of hotel options available including 4* boutique hotels, private chateaux and 5* spa hotels – just let us know what you’re looking for.