Bordeaux on a budget: get to grips with the culture, wines and cheeses of the region (with a full day spent in the legendary Médoc) at a steal of a price. It’s not every day you can say you found some of the world’s finest wines for a bargain.
- Stay in the heart of Bordeaux City and get the opportunity to explore every nook and cranny of one of France’s most vibrant and exciting cities.
- Spend an evening tasting wines and cheeses at a wine gallery in central Bordeaux.
- Embark on a half-day tour of the vineyards and wineries of the Médoc, the home of some of the very finest Cabernet Sauvignon wines in the world.
After settling into your 3* hotel in Bordeaux (and perhaps taking the chance to explore some of the city), you’ll set out for an evening in a local gallery – expect to taste three Bordeaux wines and three cheeses or a charcuterie board as you’re introduced to the ins and outs of wine-making in the region.
Today, head out on a tour of the vineyards of the Médoc. Your experienced, multi-lingual guide and driver will take you to two châteaux during the day, with an introduction to the wine-making process and two tastings at each – primarily of the Cabernet Sauvignon blends which made the Médoc so famous.
In the morning, you’ll get the opportunity to enjoy Bordeaux at your leisure – try the Wet Docks for some of the city’s hipper cafes, restaurants, shops and bars – before catching your flight back home.
- Upgrades are available and this itinerary serves simply as a guideline – we’ll be happy to alter any details around your needs or wishes and include travel and accommodation.
- The day tour is semi private and may include up to seven other wine enthusiasts – still allowing for an intimate experience with the wine makers themselves. Private tours can also be arranged.
- This itinerary is based on a 3* accommodation but please note that we have a wide range of hotel options available including 4* boutique hotels, private châteaux and 5* spa hotels – just let us know what you’re looking for.