The Médoc is made up of vineyards and châteaux which sit on the Left Bank of the Gironde. The Médoc AOC is an appellation which has earned its seat in the pantheon of fine wines – those that come from this region tend to be among the best in the world.
- Enjoy a comprehensive, in-depth full day’s tour of the Médoc, and enjoy the scenic surroundings, the glorious châteaux and the legendary wines which have made the area famous.
- Head along the Route des Châteaux through some of the world’s most famous appellations, such as Margaux, St. Julien and Pauillac, to visit three of the region’s most renowned estates.
- More on those wines: Cabernet is king here, and anyone with even the faintest appreciation of that classic red wine will fall in love with what’s on offer here.
Your experienced, multi-lingual guide and driver will take you out of Bordeaux City and into the vineyards of the Médoc. You’ll travel along the Route des Châteaux and, during the day, visit three châteaux in the region, with tours included and tastings of up to two wines at each. The blends you’ll taste will generally be based around Cabernet Sauvignon, for which the Médoc is most famous.
- Upgrades are available and this itinerary serves simply as a guideline – we’ll be happy to alter any details around your needs or wishes and include travel and accommodation.
- This day tour is semi private and may include up to seven other wine enthusiasts – still allowing for an intimate experience with the wine makers themselves. Private tours can also be arranged.