As the fortunes of France and Germany have changed over the last few hundred years, so has ownership of Colmar. Nowadays, it’s as French as it is German and as German as it is French. This trip is a unique chance to relish in the history, culture and wines of two of Europe’s powerhouses.
- Visit the historic town of Colmar – known as much for its striking medieval architecture and legendary pastries as it is for its wines.
- Head out on a full day’s wine tour around four exceptional estates along the Alsace Wine Route.
- Taste the region’s finest wines from the Haut-Rhin, from the classic Pinots to the Rieslings which put Alsace on the map.
Embark on a comprehensive full day’s wine tour along the Alsace Wine Route. You’ll visit four wineries during the day, led by an experienced, multi-lingual guide and driver. At each, expect to taste 3-4 different wines (that’s up to sixteen over the course of the day) of varying styles and grape varieties, before heading back to Colmar in the late afternoon.
- Upgrades are available and this itinerary serves simply as a guideline – we’ll be happy to alter any details around your needs or wishes and include travel and accommodation.
- The day tour is semi private and may include up to seven other wine enthusiasts – still allowing for an intimate experience with the wine makers themselves. Private tours can also be arranged.