Ah, Paris. The City of Lights, France’s capital and one of the world’s most famous cities. The city may not produce wine itself, but it serves as the perfect nexus point between all of France’s wine regions – to visit here is to get the ultimate overview of French wine.
- Stay in Paris’ bustling Latin Quarter, a place teeming with culture and history.
- Explore anywhere you like in the city at your leisure.
- Try a range of wines from all over France and receive a full introduction to the appreciation of French wines with a wine and cheese tasting lunch and master class in a cellar in the city.
You’ll receive private transfers from the train station to your accommodation, a 3* hotel only a stone’s throw from Paris’ Latin Quarter. For the afternoon, take the opportunity to discover Paris – be it the Latin Quarter and the Left Bank District or any other of Paris’ fascinating neighbourhoods. A Champagne cruise along the Seine – including tastings of all sorts of styles of Champagne – is also available today at extra cost. During the evening, dine out in one of the area’s fantastic brasseries and experience some of Paris’ bars first-hand.
After breakfast, you’re free to explore some more of Paris before a wine and cheese tasting lunch in a 17th century cellar in the heart of Paris. Here, you’ll taste five different wines (including Champagne) from all around France. It’ll act as an introduction to French wine, as you’ll be taught how to read a French label and pair wines with food, before being served a selection of artisan cheeses, bread and a charcuterie board. After lunch, you have more time to explore the city before you receive transfers back to the station.
- Upgrades are available and this itinerary serves simply as a guideline – we’ll be happy to alter any details around your needs or wishes and include travel and accommodation.
- This itinerary is based on a 3* accommodation but please note that we have a wide range of hotel options available – just let us know what you’re looking for.